Candida Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Candida? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Candida
Contribute your knowledge to the name Candida
- Comments and insights on the name Candida: | Edit
Isn't this the correct name for yeast infection?
- Personal experiences with the name Candida: | Edit
I know a pair of twins named Monistat and Candida. They are constantly fighting with each other and their sister, Muffy.
- Nicknames for Candida: | Edit
Candy, Candi, Didi
- Meanings and history of the name Candida: | Edit
Candida is from the Latin word candidus, meaning "clear and white."
Weird. I was sure it meant thick and chunky.
- Famous real-life people named Candida: | Edit
Candida Höfer, German artist
Candida Royalle (born Candice Chambers), American pornographic film director and actress
Candida Doyle, keyboardist in Pulp
- Candida in song, story & screen: | Edit
"Candida", song by Tony Orlando and Dawn
"Candida" play by George Bernard Shaw (1898)
"Candida", film by Javier Fesser (2006)
Candida albicans is a fungus which causes oral and genital yeast infections. This association has taken a toll on the name's popularity.