Carissa: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Carissa
Origin of the name Carissa:
Italian elaboration of Cara (beloved, dear). Var: Carrissa. Short: Cari, Carie, Carri, Carrie, Rissa.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Carissa? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Carissa
- Comments and insights on the name Carissa: | Edit
- Personal experiences with the name Carissa: | Edit
My name is Carissa, and when I tell people my name I always get compliments on how pretty my name is. Although when some people read it they mispronounce the "I" for an "E" sound.
- Nicknames for Carissa: | Edit
Rissa, Car, Cissy, Issa, Carrie, Cari
- Meanings and history of the name Carissa: | Edit
'Carissa' is a form of 'Caressa', which is Italian for 'embrace'.
The nickname 'Rissa' means 'sea nymph' in Greek and 'of the sea' in Latin.
- Famous real-life people named Carissa: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Carissa in song, story & screen: | Edit
Mandi Perkin's - Carissa's Song