Carling Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Carly:
A feminine form of Carl and Charles, both of which are derived from the Old English ceorl (man, freeman, peasant). Var: Karla. Pet: Carley, Carli, Carly, Karley, Karli, Karly.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Carling? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Carling
Contribute your knowledge to the name Carling
- Comments and insights on the name Carling: | Edit
it flows and can be shortened to Carli or Ling
- Personal experiences with the name Carling: | Edit
no, I didn't name her after the beer...
- Nicknames for Carling: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Carling: | Edit
little champion; Carlin is gaelic origin of name
- Famous real-life people named Carling: | Edit
- Carling in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!