Carolina: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Carolina | Girls
Origin of the name Carolina:
A feminine form of the Latin Carolus, which is a cognate of Charles (full-grown, a man, a freeman). Var: Carey, Cari, Carri, Carrie, Kari, Karrie.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Carolina? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Carolina
- Comments and insights on the name Carolina: | Edit
Alternate Pronunciation (Spanish): kah-ro-LEE-nah
According to the baby name book "Cool Names" by Pamela Redmond Satran and Linda Rosenkrantz, the name Carolina is 'cooler' than the names Caroline and Carol.
- Personal experiences with the name Carolina: | Edit
My 3x great grandmother's name was Carolina. She was from Germany, and her nickname was Lena.
- Nicknames for Carolina: | Edit
Callie, Caro, Carol, Carrie, Lina, Lena, KK,
- Meanings and history of the name Carolina: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Carolina: | Edit
Carolina Herrera, fashion designer
Carolina de Robertis, author
- Carolina in song, story & screen: | Edit
"My Sweet Carolina," Ryan Adams
Carolina Liar, a Los Angeles rock band
"Carolina in My Mind," James Taylor
Name Lists Featuring Carolina
Global Popularity of the Name Carolina
- #50 in Spain
- #355 in United States