Carolynn Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Carolyn:
A feminine form of the Latin Carolus, which is a cognate of Charles (full-grown, a man, a freeman). Var: Carey, Cari, Carri, Carrie, Kari, Karrie.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Carolynn? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Carolynn
Contribute your knowledge to the name Carolynn
- Comments and insights on the name Carolynn
- Personal experiences with the name Carolynn
- Nicknames for Carolynn
- Meanings and history of the name Carolynn
- Famous real-life people named Carolynn
- Carolynn in song, story & screen