Carys: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Carys
Origin of the name Carys:
Derived from the Welsh caru (love) and the suffix -ys.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Carys? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Carys
- Comments and insights on the name Carys: | Edit
Beautiful name - rhyme it with Paris. This is rare, but the meaning is as sweet or more so than the name.
- Personal experiences with the name Carys: | Edit
I have a cousin names Carys, her sister's name is Lowri (pronounced Laori). They are both beautiful names and very popular here in Wales.
- Nicknames for Carys: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Carys: | Edit
- Famous real-life people named Carys: | Edit
Catherine Zeta-Jones and Michael Douglas have a daughter named Carys.
- Carys in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!