Cassandriel Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Cassandra:
Derived from the Greek Kassandra, the mythological daughter of Priam and Hecuba who had the power of prophesy. Var: Casaundra, Kasandra, Kassandra, Kasaundra. Short: Cass, Kass, Sandra, Saundra. Pet: Cassi, Cassie, Cassy, Kassi, Kassie, Sandi, Sandie, Sandy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Cassandriel? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Cassandriel
Contribute your knowledge to the name Cassandriel
- Comments and insights on the name Cassandriel: | Edit
A derivative of Cassandra - adding "iel" to the end to bring in the Hebrew suffix for God; changes the meaning from "shining upon man" to "God shining upon man"
- Personal experiences with the name Cassandriel: | Edit
We chose this name for our daughter, born 10-04-2012. A variant spelling is Cassandrielle for a more feminine look (at 13 letters long).
- Nicknames for Cassandriel: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Cassandriel: | Edit
We took the Greek name Cassandra and added iel to the end to add the Hebrew suffice for God into the meaning.
Cassandra = "shining upon man" -> Cassandriel = "God shining upon man"
- Famous real-life people named Cassandriel: | Edit
- Cassandriel in song, story & screen: | Edit