Cassiopeia: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Cassiopeia
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Cassiopeia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Cassiopeia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Cassiopeia
- Comments and insights on the name Cassiopeia: | Edit
The Queen Cassiopeia, wife of King Cepheus of the mythological Phoenician realm of Ethiopia, was beautiful but also arrogant and vain; these latter two characteristics led to her downfall.
I have lived with the name Cassiopeia all my life for the past 25 years. In my experience think outside of the box. Yes I was made fun of, yes everyone mispronounces my name, and yes they even still do so to this day. I feel that it helped me grow and build character...but thats just one opinion
- Personal experiences with the name Cassiopeia: | Edit
The constellation Cassiopeia can be seen the whole year from the northern hemisphere, although sometimes upside down.
- Nicknames for Cassiopeia: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Cassiopeia: | Edit
Her name in Greek is Κασσιόπη, which means "she whose words excel".
- Famous real-life people named Cassiopeia: | Edit
Cassiopeia, 25 Columbia MO
- Cassiopeia in song, story & screen: | Edit
Cassiopeia Vitt, a character in the Cotton Malone series by Steve Berry.
Cassiopeia Black, a character in the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling.