Catherynne Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Catherine:
English cognate of the Greek Aikaterinē, which is derived from katharos (pure, unsullied). Catherine has remained a perennially popular name and has been borne by many saints and members of European nobility. Var: Catharine, Cathryn.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Name Lists Featuring Catherynne
Contribute your knowledge to the name Catherynne
- Comments and insights on the name Catherynne
- Personal experiences with the name Catherynne
- Nicknames for Catherynne
- Meanings and history of the name Catherynne
Variant spelling of Catherine.
- Famous real-life people named Catherynne
Catherynne M. Valente, American science fiction/fantasy author.
- Catherynne in song, story & screen