Catie Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Katy:
Pet form of Katharine (pure, unsullied). Var: Katie.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Catie? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Catie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Catie
- Comments and insights on the name Catie: | Edit
My name is Catie with a C, and I spent my childhood correcting teachers on the spelling. I've taken a real liking to my name because it takes a pretty common phonetic name for women my age (I'm 23), and makes it a little less common. It does sound rather informal, though, like Johnny and now that I'm wanting to be perceived in a little more grown-up way, I'm thinking of calling myself by my legal name Catherine or possibly even Cate.
- Personal experiences with the name Catie: | Edit
I always have to tell teachers I go by Catie because I go by Caitlyn. I correct people on how to spell my name because most people spell it "Katie" "Katy" or "Caty".
- Nicknames for Catie: | Edit
Cait, Cat, Catie Cakes, and Catie Bug
- Meanings and history of the name Catie: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Catie: | Edit
catie wilkins comedian
- Catie in song, story & screen: | Edit