Catriona Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Catriona? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Catriona
Contribute your knowledge to the name Catriona
- Comments and insights on the name Catriona: | Edit
I think Catriona is a lovely mix of ancient beauty mixed with intelligence. Apart from the fact that people who haven't heard it said out loud often say it phonetically, pronouncing the silent "o", it's a great name. The nick-name "Cat" has been a bit tarnished by Kat Slater from Eastenders, but I reckon that's receded from public memory enough now.
- Personal experiences with the name Catriona: | Edit
A Lorea has a sister named Catriona
- Nicknames for Catriona: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Catriona: | Edit
Catrìona is the Scottish Gaelic form of Katherine, meaning "pure". The Irish form is "Caitríona". Pronounced kah-TREE-na.
- Famous real-life people named Catriona: | Edit
Catriona Le May Doan, Canadian speed skater
Catriona MacColl, British actress
Catriona Sparks, Australian science fiction writer and publisher
Catriona McDonald, Shetland Islands musician
Catriona Balfe, Irish model and actress (best known for the role of Claire in 'Outlander')
- Catriona in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!