Ceres: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Ceres
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Ceres? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ceres
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ceres
- Comments and insights on the name Ceres: | Edit
Pronounced "SER-aye". Alternatively, Ceres can also be pronounced "SAIR-iss" or "Ke-res"
- Personal experiences with the name Ceres: | Edit
There is an agricultural town named Ceres in Central California. The name of the town is pronounced SEE-rees.
- Nicknames for Ceres: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Ceres: | Edit
Derived from the Indo-European root *ker meaning "to grow". In Roman mythology Ceres was the goddess of agriculture, equivalent to the Greek goddess Demeter.
- Famous real-life people named Ceres: | Edit
Ceres Horn, science prodigy killed in the Amtrak rail crash of January 1987. The auditorium at her alma mater, the McDonogh School of Owings Mills, Maryland, is named in her honor.
- Ceres in song, story & screen: | Edit
Ceres is a character in Shakespeare's "The Tempest"