Chandler Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Chandler:
Transferred use of the English surname which arose as an occupational name for a maker or dealer of candles. The name is derived from the Middle English chaundler, candeler.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Chandler? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Chandler
Contribute your knowledge to the name Chandler
- Comments and insights on the name Chandler: | Edit
I think it's a pretty name, and not too common.
- Personal experiences with the name Chandler: | Edit
My daughter is Chandler Skye.
My name is Chandler and I know another Chandler.
- Nicknames for Chandler: | Edit
Chan, Andie, Chando, Channa, Channabanana
- Meanings and history of the name Chandler: | Edit
- Famous real-life people named Chandler: | Edit
Chandler Riggs, portrays Carl Grimes on "The Walking Dead"
- Chandler in song, story & screen: | Edit
Chandler Buffay, Phoebe's niece in the TV show "Friends"
Chandler Wingo, character in the film "The Prince of Tides," playing the daughter of Nick Nolte and Blythe Danner