Channah: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Channah
Origin of the name Hannah:
Derived from the Hebrew hannāh, chaanach (gracious, full of grace, mercy). The name, borne in the Bible by the mother of the prophet Samuel, received a boost in popularity by the Puritans, who favored Bible names.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Channah? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Channah
- Comments and insights on the name Channah: | Edit
Descended from the name Chanan.
- Personal experiences with the name Channah: | Edit
A friend named Channah who is smart, kind, and funny.
- Nicknames for Channah: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Channah: | Edit
The meaning of the name is 'Grace', 'God has favored me'.
- Famous real-life people named Channah: | Edit
- Channah in song, story & screen: | Edit
story: Channah and Her Seven Sons
story: The story of Channah, from loneliness to community
(both hebrew stories)