Chara Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Cara:
Derived from the Latin cara (beloved) or from the Irish Gaelic cara (friend). Alternatively, Cara is used as a short form of Caroline and Charlotte.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Chara? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Chara
Contribute your knowledge to the name Chara
- Comments and insights on the name Chara: | Edit
Has many different pronounciations.
Pronounced "care-ah" (like Cara/Kara)
Pronounced "car-ah" (not like Cara/Kara).
Pronounced "har-ah" (this is Greek.)
- Personal experiences with the name Chara: | Edit
My name is Chara and although most people cant pronounce it right its a beautiful name!
EDIT - I agree with this, I am also called Chara. My full name is Charalambia which is Greek, but I have been called Chara all my life. Mine has a strange pronounciation, it is "har-ah" so the "C" is silent. (:
- Nicknames for Chara: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Meanings and history of the name Chara: | Edit
Joy EDIT: free
- Famous real-life people named Chara: | Edit
Zdeno Chara, hockey player for the Boston Bruins
- Chara in song, story & screen: | Edit
Chara, like the character from Undertale, by Toby Fox.