Charmaine Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Charmaine? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Charmaine
Contribute your knowledge to the name Charmaine
- Comments and insights on the name Charmaine: | Edit
The name Charmaine means bountiful orchard and song.
- Personal experiences with the name Charmaine: | Edit
1. My name is Charmaine. I hated it when I was growing up, but now I love it. I'm almost 21 and I've never met anyone else with my name
2. I've never really liked my name because people often mispronounce it which irritated me. My friends and family have always called me "Maine" so I'm really not familiar with my name at all. Despite that, I would not change my name because it's been who I am for the past 18 years, and I've come to appreciate it.
- Nicknames for Charmaine: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Charmaine: | Edit
Charmaine has multiple meanings and origins. The French version of Charmaine means Variant of Charles Manly. One of Cleopatra's attendants in Shakespeare's Antony and Cleopatra was named Charmian.. The English version of Charmaine means Song.
- Famous real-life people named Charmaine: | Edit
My name is Charmaine too n I love it
- Charmaine in song, story & screen: | Edit
Charmian Carr - Actress, born Charmian Farnon who played Liesl from the movie "Sound of Music". Named after Cleopatra's maid of honor from Shakespeare's "Anthony and Cleopatra"
Sophia Lauren played a character named Charmaine in a movie. Also there is a song named Charmaine that was made in the 1920's
Charmain Brammer aka Agent Bramcracker, head of Explosion/Offensive Chemistry department of the MLA in the movie "Where is Like Lemons"
The name of one of Blanche Devereaux's sisters on the Golden Girls.
"Charmaine (musician)," a Christian rock/pop artist, creator of the popular 2002 album "All About Jesus."
"Charmaine (song)," a popular song written by Erno Rapee and Lew Pollack in 1926, published the following year, and popularized in an instrumental version by Mantovani in 1951
Charmaine Li, a Chinese actress
Charmaine Sheh, a Chinese actress
Charmaine (rap song), a song by Plan B (band).
Charmaine Neville is a member of a famous New Orleans music family which includes the Neville Brothers. (references)
Charmaine Reid Charmaine Reid (born 3 November 1973 in Niagara Falls, Ontario) is a female badminton player from Canada. Her home is in Calgary, Alberta. (references)
Charmaine Sheh Charmaine Sheh is an Hong Kong actress under contract to the TVB television channel . She was signed to the channel soon after competing in that channel's 1997 Miss Hong Kong beauty pageant , placing third . She is best known for her roles as the romantic lead in a number of TVB series . Her acting talent has limited her roles, and therefore she has yet to win a major award. However she is popular with her fans and is tracked in the media with gossip about her recent breakup with her actor boyfriend. (references)
Charmaine Sinclair Charmaine Sinclair is a model who worked with Playboy in the mid-1990s. (references)
Charmaine White Face Charmaine White Face is an Oglala Tetuwan (Lakota language speaker) from the Oceti Sakowin (Great Sioux Nation) in North America.