Cheyenne: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Cheyenne | Girls
Origin of the name Cheyenne:
Derived from the Dakota Indian shaiyena which is from shaia (to speak unintelligibly). The name is that of a tribe of Algonquian Indians, as well as a river and city name. Var: Shaienne, Shai’enne.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Cheyenne? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Cheyenne
- Comments and insights on the name Cheyenne: | Edit
I Love my name because almost every time someone hear
it they say that's a nice, beautiful,or pretty name.
And all of my teachers this year complimented it.
one teacher actually named his first daughter after me!!!
- Personal experiences with the name Cheyenne: | Edit
sometimes, people ask me if I'm part of the Indian tribe, Cheyenne, and I think that's really cool because I am part Native American but not the Cheyenne part. I also have been asked if I lived in Cheyenne,Wyoming, but I don't. I spell my name differently then most Cheyennes so people say my name is also unique ~Sheyenne~
- Nicknames for Cheyenne: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Cheyenne: | Edit
the name means beautiful and wisdom
- Famous real-life people named Cheyenne: | Edit
Cheyenne Kimball, an American singer
- Cheyenne in song, story & screen: | Edit
Cheyenne Montgomery - Reba TV Series
Global Popularity of the Name Cheyenne
- #159 in United States
- #188 in Canada (British Columbia)
- #211 in Canada (Alberta)