Christa Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Christa:
Latinate short form of Christine (a Christian, a follower of Christ) and any of the other names beginning with the element Chris-.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Christa? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Christa
Contribute your knowledge to the name Christa
- Comments and insights on the name Christa: | Edit
I love the name, it's so pretty! Although, for the longest time I thought it was pronounced Chr-EE-sta.
- Personal experiences with the name Christa: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Christa: | Edit
Chris, Chrissy, Christy, Chrissie
- Meanings and history of the name Christa: | Edit
Short form of Christine, Christina, or Christabel. Most common in Germany, Austria, Italy, and Switzerland.
- Famous real-life people named Christa: | Edit
Christa Wolf, East German writer
Christa Kinshofer, German skier
Christa McAuliffe, American teacher and Challenger astronaut
Christa Miller, American actress
Christa Allen, American actress
- Christa in song, story & screen: | Edit
Christa Lenz, the pseudonym for Historia Reiss (Attack On Titan/Shingeki No Kyojin, Japanese anime)