Christian Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Christian:
Derived from the Greek christianos (a Christian, a follower of Christ). Var. Christiana, Christianna. Short: Christi, Christie, Christy.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Christian? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Christian
Contribute your knowledge to the name Christian
- Comments and insights on the name Christian: | Edit
Christian and Christina are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Christian: | Edit
With my name being Christian and being a girl, I often get confused as a guy with people that have heard about me but haven't met me in person yet, it gets frustrating sometimes, yes, but I absolutely love having this name! It allows me to be different and set up my own first impression with many people, and it allows me to stand out from the crows, even if I didn't like it when I was younger, I absolutely love it now!
- Nicknames for Christian: | Edit
Chris, Chrissy, Christie, Christy
- Meanings and history of the name Christian: | Edit
Follower of Christ
- Famous real-life people named Christian: | Edit
Christian Bach, actress
- Christian in song, story & screen: | Edit
Sister Christian - Night Ranger