Christy: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Christy
Origin of the name Christy:
Short form of Christine (a Christian, a follower of Christ) and any of the other names beginning with the element Chris-.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Christy? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Christy
- Comments and insights on the name Christy: | Edit
Christy is a ugly spelling Christi is way better.
- Personal experiences with the name Christy: | Edit
I am 29 and was named Christy in reference to the Irish male name Christy, which is a family name. I always HATED the name so much that I changed to my middle name, which is a popular but pretty name. Now I like Christy and I wish I hadn't changed it.
- Nicknames for Christy: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Christy: | Edit
Short form of Christine or Christina
- Famous real-life people named Christy: | Edit
Christy Turlington, American fashion model
Christy Chung, Chinese-Canadian actress
Christy Carlson Romano, American actress
- Christy in song, story & screen: | Edit
"Christy", novel by Catherine Marshall about a young teacher in the Appalachian Mountains, based on her mother's life.
"Christy Road", song by Green Day