Clancy: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Clancy
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Clancy? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Clancy
- Comments and insights on the name Clancy: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Clancy: | Edit
This is my name.
I have a friend from college named "Clancie." I like this spelling better personally because I think it looks more complete. She's very smart and friendly.
- Nicknames for Clancy: | Edit
Clance, Clance-Pants, Clancer-Dancer
- Meanings and history of the name Clancy: | Edit
In Irish Gaelic it means 'Bloody Red Warrior'.
- Famous real-life people named Clancy: | Edit
Clancy Cauble, daughter of actress Lisa Whelchel
Clancy Collins, daughter of Gary Collins and Mary Ann Mobley
- Clancy in song, story & screen: | Edit
Chief Clancy Wiggum, the police officer on The Simpsons