Claudette Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Claudette:
Diminutive form of Claudia, which is derived from the Latin Claudius, an old Roman family name, which is from claudus (lame).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Claudette? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Claudette
Contribute your knowledge to the name Claudette
- Comments and insights on the name Claudette: | Edit
Old traditional name that is very feminine and not overused, never been made fun of the name, but difficult to shorten to something nice, not a fan of Clo or Claude.
I think it's a very pretty name and there is no need to shorten it.
- Personal experiences with the name Claudette: | Edit
Both Claudettes I have known have been lovely people and very good friends.
- Nicknames for Claudette: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Claudette: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Claudette: | Edit
- Claudette in song, story & screen: | Edit
"Claudette" by Roy Orbison
Claudette by the Everly Brothers
Claudette St Croix from the X-Men comics