Cleo: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Cleo | Girls
Origin of the name Cleo:
Derived from the Greek kleos (glory, fame). In Greek mythology, Clio is the name of the Muse of history.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Cleo? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Cleo
- Comments and insights on the name Cleo: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Cleo: | Edit
My mother's name was Cleo, but she always went by "Klee".
My grandmother was a Cleo - her full name was Cleopha
- Nicknames for Cleo: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Cleo: | Edit
The spelling Cleo is generally taken as a short form of Cleopatra.
- Famous real-life people named Cleo: | Edit
TV psychic Miss Cleo
- Cleo in song, story & screen: | Edit
Cleo the goldfish in Pinocchio
Cléo de 5 à 7 -- film by Agnes Varda
Princess Cleo is a minor character in Sofia the First: Once Upon a Princess.