Clotilde Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Clotilde? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Clotilde
Contribute your knowledge to the name Clotilde
- Comments and insights on the name Clotilde: | Edit
If you like a cute, popular name like "Chloe," but wish there were a little more to it, Clotilde is a great, traditional, "long form" that can have Chloe as a diminutive.
- Personal experiences with the name Clotilde: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Clotilde: | Edit
Tilde, Tilda, Chloe, Lottie
- Meanings and history of the name Clotilde: | Edit
French form of Chlodhilde, meaning "famous battle" in Old High German. Also a traditional Italian name.
- Famous real-life people named Clotilde: | Edit
St. Clotilde, wife of Clovis I, patron of brides, adopted children, parents, exiles, and widows.
Princess Marie Clotilde of France, sister of King Louis XVI of France and wife of King Charles Emmanuel IV of Sardinia
Clotilde Hesme, French actress
Clotilde Dusoulier, French chef
Clotilde Reiss, French scholar tried in Iran on espionage charges in 2009
- Clotilde in song, story & screen: | Edit
Clotilde Bradbury-Scott, character in Agatha Christie's mystery novel "Nemesis"