Consuelo Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Consuelo:
Derived from the Spanish consuelo (consolation).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Consuelo? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Consuelo
Contribute your knowledge to the name Consuelo
- Comments and insights on the name Consuelo: | Edit
- Personal experiences with the name Consuelo: | Edit
My sister's name is Consuelo, but we pronounce it kohn-sew-EL-o. She's gorgeous, and I think it's a beautiful name. She rarely has any trouble with people mispronouncing it, as she more often goes by the nickname of Consie.
- Nicknames for Consuelo: | Edit
Chelo, Connie, Consi/Consie, Sue
- Meanings and history of the name Consuelo: | Edit
It is taken from the title of the Virgen María del consuelo meaning "Virgin Mary of the consolation."
- Famous real-life people named Consuelo: | Edit
Consuelo Velazquez, Mexican composer.
Consuelo Castiglioni, founder and designer of Marni.
Consuelo Vanderbilt, later Duchess of Marlborough.
- Consuelo in song, story & screen: | Edit
Jose Marin Verona, of Cuba, wrote the waltz "Consuelo".
Consuelo - character in West Side Story