Copeland Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Copeland? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Copeland
Contribute your knowledge to the name Copeland
- Comments and insights on the name Copeland: | Edit
Recognizable and easy to spell, but unusual. Elegant.
- Personal experiences with the name Copeland: | Edit
I know a little girl called Copeland. She is adorable!
- Nicknames for Copeland: | Edit
CoCo; CoCo KaCho
- Meanings and history of the name Copeland: | Edit
Northern English and Scottish: habitational name from a place called Copeland, of which there is an example in Cumbria, or from Coupland in Northumberland, both named with Old Norse kaupa-land ‘bought land’, a feature worthy of note during the early Middle Ages, when land was rarely sold, but rather held by feudal tenure and handed down from one generation to the next.
- Famous real-life people named Copeland: | Edit
Gloria Copeland, American televangelist.
Stewart Copeland, American musician, best known as the drummer for The Police.
Copeland Quinn, Kellin Quinn's daughter.
- Copeland in song, story & screen: | Edit
Copeland is an indie band for Florida.