Cruz Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Cruz:
Derived from the Spanish cruz (cross, crucifix), which is from the Latin crux. The cross, a Roman instrument of torture, is symbolic of Christ, who was nailed to a cross and left to die.
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Cruz? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Cruz
Contribute your knowledge to the name Cruz
- Comments and insights on the name Cruz
- Personal experiences with the name Cruz
- Nicknames for Cruz
When full name in Spanish is Maria de la Cruz, name is usually shortened to Maricruz.
- Meanings and history of the name Cruz
- Famous real-life people named Cruz
- Cruz in song, story & screen
Cruz Ramirez is the deuteragonist of Cars 3.