Dalila: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Dalila
Origin of the name Delilah:
Derived from the Hebrew delilah (delicate). Delilah was the name borne in the Bible by the mistress of Samson.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dalila? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dalila
- Comments and insights on the name Dalila: | Edit
Dalila in this spelling has Sanskrit as the origin.
The definition of Da is:
The definition of Lila is:
Divine drama or divine sport/play...created by God.
"Giver of divine play"
- Personal experiences with the name Dalila: | Edit
I have a beautiful little girl named Dalila Grace...we call her Lila. Everyone loves her name. I think it is just girly enough yet classy with that perfect touch of strengh.
- Nicknames for Dalila: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Dalila: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Dalila: | Edit
In the Bible, Dalila (Delilah) cuts Sansón’s (Samson's) hair, the source of his strength.
- Dalila in song, story & screen: | Edit
"Hey There Dalila" a song by "The Plain White Ts"...top ranking song in the USA in 2007