Dalila: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Dalila
Origin of the name Delilah:
Derived from the Hebrew delilah (delicate). Delilah was the name borne in the Bible by the mistress of Samson.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dalila? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dalila
- Comments and insights on the name Dalila: | Edit
Dalila in this spelling has Sanskrit as the origin.
The definition of Da is:
The definition of Lila is:
Divine drama or divine sport/play...created by God.
"Giver of divine play"
- Personal experiences with the name Dalila: | Edit
I have a beautiful little girl named Dalila Grace...we call her Lila. Everyone loves her name. I think it is just girly enough yet classy with that perfect touch of strengh.
- Nicknames for Dalila: | Edit
Lila, Liley, Liles
- Meanings and history of the name Dalila: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Dalila: | Edit
In the Bible, Dalila (Delilah) cuts Sansón’s (Samson's) hair, the source of his strength.
- Dalila in song, story & screen: | Edit
"Hey There Dalila" a song by "The Plain White Ts"...top ranking song in the USA in 2007