Danica: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Danica
Origin of the name Danica:
A name common to the Eastern Europeans derived from an old Slavonic element meaning "morning star."
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Danica? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Danica
- Comments and insights on the name Danica: | Edit
- Actually this name is pronounced with a soft C by the Slavs - so DA-nee-tsa, not DA-ni-ka. But of course you could do it either way in English.
- I have spelled my daughters name differently, Danyka, something to make her unique.
- I was told by a classmate from Slovakia that my name had a day that was celebrated like a birthday. I found a website that listed these days (http://www.iarelative.com/saints.htm). Danica (pronounced by her as "da-NEE-tsa") is celebrated April 16th.
- Personal experiences with the name Danica: | Edit
This was my friends name Da ni-ca is how she said it and i also hand a friend Danika Dan-i-ka
- Nicknames for Danica: | Edit
Dani, Nika, Dana, Niki
- Meanings and history of the name Danica: | Edit
Danica is Hebrew or Slavic, depending on where you search, and means "morning star" or "first star of the morning."
- Famous real-life people named Danica: | Edit
Danica Patrick, American race car driver
Danica McKellar, American actress and mathematician
Danica Stewart, American actress
- Danica in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!