Dasha: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Dasha
Origin of the name Daria:
Feminine form of Darius, an old Latin name derived from the Greek Dareios, which is of uncertain origin. It is thought to ultimately be derived from Darayavahush, the name of an ancient Persian king.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dasha? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dasha
- Comments and insights on the name Dasha: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Dasha: | Edit
All the immature boys would call me Reindeer at school because Dasha sounds like Dasher, one of Santa's reindeer...
I met a person named Dasha, from Russia. She was reall cute).
- Nicknames for Dasha: | Edit
Dashenka, Dashechka, Dashushka
- Meanings and history of the name Dasha: | Edit
Russian pet form of Daria.
- Famous real-life people named Dasha: | Edit
Daria Joura, aka "Dasha"
- Dasha in song, story & screen: | Edit
Dasha, Zenon's younger cousin in the 2004 Disney Channel original movie, 'Zenon Z3'.