Demi Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Demi? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Demi
Contribute your knowledge to the name Demi
- Comments and insights on the name Demi: | Edit
Demi is a nickname for Demetria. It is also the French word for "half."
- Personal experiences with the name Demi: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Demi: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Demi: | Edit
This name first gained wide attention through the actress Demi Moore, who used it as a short form of her full name, Demetria. It is now being used as an independent name.
- Famous real-life people named Demi: | Edit
Demi Moore (born Demetria Gene Guynes), American actress
Demi Lovato (born Demetria Devonne Lovato), American singer/actress known for starring in Disney Channel's "Camp Rock" and "Sonny With A Chance"
Demi Rose (born Demi Rose Mawby), British model
- Demi in song, story & screen: | Edit
In Louisa May Alcott's books "Little Women" and "Little Men", Demi is the nickname of Meg's son John. Jo suggests this name because his father is also named John and "demijohn" means "half-John" in French.