Destiny Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Destiny:
Derived from the vocabulary word destiny (fate).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Destiny? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Destiny
Contribute your knowledge to the name Destiny
- Comments and insights on the name Destiny: | Edit
Lately I've been thinking about baby names. I was thinking about using Destiny as my girl's middle name when/if I have a girl. I think it's beautiful and it fits with the first name I have chosen.
- Personal experiences with the name Destiny: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Destiny: | Edit
Dee, Dez, Dezi, Des, Desi, Dessie, Desilu, Desty, Tiny, Desy, Lil-Dee
- Meanings and history of the name Destiny: | Edit
Technically it means "fate," but when my daughter was 6 she told me her name means "the secrets of God." I like that better. Thought it was adorable.
- Famous real-life people named Destiny: | Edit
Destiny Hope is the birth name of Miley Cyrus. She had it legally changed after she became famous.
- Destiny in song, story & screen: | Edit
The main character in "Destiny and Faith Go to Twincentric Academy," a children's novel.