Dorte Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Dorothy:
A borrowing of the Greek Dōrothea, a compound name composed of the elements dōron (gift) and theos (God): hence, "gift of God."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Dorte? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Dorte
Contribute your knowledge to the name Dorte
- Comments and insights on the name Dorte: | Edit
- Personal experiences with the name Dorte: | Edit
This is my grandmother's name. I've always found it such a beautiful name, and such a shame that when she came to Canada from Denmark she started going by Dottie because it's easier to pronounce.
- Nicknames for Dorte: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Dorte: | Edit
The Danish variation of the name Dorothy.
- Famous real-life people named Dorte: | Edit
Dorte Mandrup-Poulsen, Danish architect
- Dorte in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!