Edyta Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Edith:
Derived from the Old English Ēadgyđ, Eadgyth, a compound name composed of the elements ēad (prosperity, fortune) and gyđ, gyth (war, strife): hence, "prosperous in war."
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Edyta? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Edyta
Contribute your knowledge to the name Edyta
- Comments and insights on the name Edyta: | Edit
Polish version of Edith
- Personal experiences with the name Edyta: | Edit
Everyone who hears it absolutely loves it. The kids at daycare also love calling our daughter when she walks in the room(2 y.o.).
We fell in love with it because we wanted something unique that harkened to our heritage.
- Nicknames for Edyta: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Edyta: | Edit
- Famous real-life people named Edyta: | Edit
edyta sliwinska, ballroom dancer on television show Dancing with the Stars
- Edyta in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!