Edyta: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Edyta | Girls
Origin of the name Edith:
Derived from the Old English Ēadgyđ, Eadgyth, a compound name composed of the elements ēad (prosperity, fortune) and gyđ, gyth (war, strife): hence, "prosperous in war."
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Contribute your knowledge to the name Edyta
- Comments and insights on the name Edyta: | Edit
Polish version of Edith
- Personal experiences with the name Edyta: | Edit
Everyone who hears it absolutely loves it. The kids at daycare also love calling our daughter when she walks in the room(2 y.o.).
We fell in love with it because we wanted something unique that harkened to our heritage.
- Nicknames for Edyta: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Edyta: | Edit
- Famous real-life people named Edyta: | Edit
- Edyta in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!