Elana Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Elana? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Elana
Contribute your knowledge to the name Elana
- Comments and insights on the name Elana: | Edit
This is my daughter's name. We pronounce it Ee-lon-ah The middle part sounding like you turn "on" the light. We get a lot of compliments, however a lot of mispronunciation with people wanting to use a short 'e' sound instead of the long 'E' even after just hearing it. But that's any name.
Alena, Alane, Anela, Elana, Leana and Neala are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Elana: | Edit
I know a Jewish woman named Elana whose name is often mispronounced as 'Elaina.'
- Nicknames for Elana: | Edit
Elani, Lani, Lana, Lana Bana, Elle, Ellie
- Meanings and history of the name Elana: | Edit
Greek: sun ray
Also, a deviation of the French name "Helen" meaning light
- Famous real-life people named Elana: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Elana in song, story & screen: | Edit
Elana Gilbert - character on the TV show "The Vampire Diaries"
Elena Satine - Actress