Elenna Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Elena:
A cognate of the Greek Helenē (light, torch, bright).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Elenna? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Elenna
Contribute your knowledge to the name Elenna
- Comments and insights on the name Elenna
- Personal experiences with the name Elenna
- Nicknames for Elenna
- Meanings and history of the name Elenna
- Famous real-life people named Elenna
- Elenna in song, story & screen
Tolkien: Elenna (eˈlenːa) or Elenna-nórë (Q, pron. eˌlenːa-ˈnoːre) also Andor, the "Land of Gift", was the island on which the realm of Númenor was founded.2 The name meant 'Starwards',3 from the fact that the first Men to inhabit that island came to it by following the light of the Star of Eärendil.