Elia Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Elia? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Elia
Contribute your knowledge to the name Elia
- Comments and insights on the name Elia: | Edit
It is pronounced "Eh-lee-ah" when it's used for a girl. Elia is a Greek name.
Eila and Elia are anagrams of each other; they contain the same letters.
- Personal experiences with the name Elia: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Elia: | Edit
El / Ellie / Elz
- Meanings and history of the name Elia: | Edit
Elia is related to the name 'Eleni' which means bright, but I heard that Elia means Gods gift
- Famous real-life people named Elia: | Edit
Elia Aboumrad, chef, and contestant on Top Chef Season 2.
- Elia in song, story & screen: | Edit
Princess Elia is a character in George R. R. Martin's "A Song of Ice and Fire" series upon which is based the HBO show Game of Thrones. Other sweet and simple names used by Martin, such as Arya/Aria, have skyrocketed since the show has aired. It is pronounced "EE-lee-uh."