Eliana Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Eliana:
From the Late Latin Aeliāna, the feminine form of the Latin family name Aeliānus (of the sun), which is derived from the Greek hēlios (sun).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Eliana? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Eliana
Contribute your knowledge to the name Eliana
- Comments and insights on the name Eliana: | Edit
Other spelling: Elliana, Ellyana, Ellianna, Elianna
I'm surprised that this name actually existed before 2000, because this sounds like the most made-up name of all time.
- Personal experiences with the name Eliana: | Edit
My best friend was Eliana, then came out as trans gender. He now goes by Eli.
- Nicknames for Eliana: | Edit
Ellie, Elle, Elie
Ana, Li (Lee)
- Meanings and history of the name Eliana: | Edit
Hebrew for 'God has Answered' or God's gift
- Famous real-life people named Eliana: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Eliana in song, story & screen: | Edit
The Christian group "Watermark" has a beautiful song about their daughter Elliana.