Elisabetta: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Elisabetta
Origin of the name Elisabeth:
Derived from the Hebrew elīsheba` (God is my oath). The name is borne in the Bible by the mother of John the Baptist. Var: Elisabeth. Short: Beth, Elisa, Elise, Eliza, Lisa, Lisabeth, Liz, Liza, Lizabeth. Pet: Betsy, Betty, Ellie, Elsie, Lizzie, Lizzy.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Elisabetta? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Elisabetta
- Comments and insights on the name Elisabetta: | Edit
Used in Italian speaking countries
Form of Elisabet
- Personal experiences with the name Elisabetta: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Elisabetta: | Edit
Elisa, Betta, Bettina
- Meanings and history of the name Elisabetta: | Edit
Elisabetta is an Italian form of Elizabeth (Hebrew), meaning "God's promise; God is my oath"
- Famous real-life people named Elisabetta: | Edit
Elisabetta Farnese, queen consort of Spain
Elisabetta Canalis, Italian girlfriend of actor George Clooney
Elisabetta Gregoraci, Italian model and television personality
- Elisabetta in song, story & screen: | Edit
"Elisabetta", opera by Gaetano Donazetti