Ellinor Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Eleanor:
Derived from Alienor, a Provençal form of the Greek Helenē, which is derived from the element ēlē (light, torch, bright).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ellinor? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Ellinor
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ellinor
- Comments and insights on the name Ellinor: | Edit
A variant of "Eleanor" that is mostly used in Scandinavia.
- Personal experiences with the name Ellinor: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Nicknames for Ellinor: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Ellinor: | Edit
May mean "God is my light".
- Famous real-life people named Ellinor: | Edit
Ellinor Ljungros, Swedish long-distance runner
Ellinor Rafaelsen, Norwegian writer
Ellinor Vanderveer, American actress
- Ellinor in song, story & screen: | Edit
Ellinor dansar is a 1949 Swedish song by Evert Taube a Swedish composer. Ellinor was Evert's daughter. Ellinor dansar means Ellinor is dancing. She is dancing with her father in this song.