Elowen Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Elowen? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Elowen
Contribute your knowledge to the name Elowen
- Comments and insights on the name Elowen: | Edit
Cornish/ English pronunciation El-Owen
Also Pronounced "eh-LO-when" (emphasis is on the second syllable like the boys name Owen but with an "e")
Such a beautiful name :]
American pronunciation Ello-win Ello-when Ella- win
- Personal experiences with the name Elowen: | Edit
My daughter's middle name is Elowen, everyone surprisingly fell in love with it. My friend even decided to name her cat Elowyn after her.
- Nicknames for Elowen: | Edit
El, Ellie, Elo, Lowe, Elle, Ella, Elow, Wen, Wennie, Winnie, Owen, Win, Lowie
Ella Minnow Pea
- Meanings and history of the name Elowen: | Edit
From Cornish, meaning "Elm"
- Famous real-life people named Elowen: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Elowen in song, story & screen: | Edit
Mike Mignola and Christopher Golden’s graphic novel Baltimore, or The Steadfast Tin Soldier and the Vampire, first published in 2007. It includes a character named Elowen.
Cornish folktale Elowen and the bramble bush