Elyse Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Elise:
Short form of Elizabeth (God is my oath) that is now commonly bestowed as an independent given name.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Elyse? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Elyse
Contribute your knowledge to the name Elyse
- Comments and insights on the name Elyse: | Edit
I think this is starting to become the most common spelling of Elise, probably because it's so often confused with Elsie.
- Personal experiences with the name Elyse: | Edit
My cousin is having a baby in a week and is naming her Elyse. I think it is a cute name for a baby born in 2010.
My name is Elyse, I personally like it but my school teachers cant ever pronounce my name(=ヮ=)೨
- Nicknames for Elyse: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Elyse: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Elyse: | Edit
Elyse Sewell, American supermodel
Elyse Knox, American actress
- Elyse in song, story & screen: | Edit
Elyse McKenna, from the movie Somewhere In Time
Elyse Keaton, mother of the Keaton family in the 1980s sitcom Family Ties, played by Meredith Baxter