Emmeline: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Emmeline
Origin of the name Emeline:
Variant form of Emilie (rival), formed by adding the diminutive suffix -ine: hence, "little rival."
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Emmeline? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Emmeline
- Comments and insights on the name Emmeline: | Edit
A beautiful name with a girly nickname. Emily and Emma are super popular, while Emmeline is not, but Emmeline is just as pretty!
Can be pronounced emma-line or emma-leen.
- Personal experiences with the name Emmeline: | Edit
Most Emmelines are very young.
- Nicknames for Emmeline: | Edit
Emmie, Millie, Em, Mel, Mellie,
- Meanings and history of the name Emmeline: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Famous real-life people named Emmeline: | Edit
English suffrage activist Emmeline Pankhurst
- Emmeline in song, story & screen: | Edit
The title character in Hot Chocolate's 1975 song "Emma" is also referred to as Emmeline.
"Emaline," song by Ben Folds.
Emmeline is the name of the female character in the Blue Lagoon.
Emmeline Grangerford is a character in The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
Emmeline Vance is a character in the Harry Potter series.
Emmeline Harris was a pupil of Anne Shirley in the Anne of Green Gables book series