Emogen Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Imogen:
Of uncertain origin and meaning, Imogen was first recorded as the name of the heroine in Shakespeare's play Cymbeline. The name is thought to be a misprint of Raphael Holinshed's Innogen, a Celtic name supposedly derived from the Gaelic inghean (girl, maiden).
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Emogen? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Emogen
Contribute your knowledge to the name Emogen
- Comments and insights on the name Emogen
English version of the Gaelic "Inghean"
- Personal experiences with the name Emogen
- Nicknames for Emogen
- Meanings and history of the name Emogen
Beloved child, maiden
- Famous real-life people named Emogen
- Emogen in song, story & screen