Endellion Name Meaning & Origin
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Endellion? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Endellion
Contribute your knowledge to the name Endellion
- Comments and insights on the name Endellion: | Edit
This is pronounced en-DEL-lyn, or en-DEL-ee-on. Variant spellings of this name include Endelyon and Endelyn.
St. Endellion is a civil parish in Cornwall, England.
- Personal experiences with the name Endellion: | Edit
My daughter's name is Endellion, pronounced End-el-ee-on. Her name fits her, and the meaning is very fitting of her personality.
- Nicknames for Endellion: | Edit
End, Dell, Lyn, Dee, Endel, Endie.
- Meanings and history of the name Endellion: | Edit
This name has numerous possible origins, it is both a Cornish name, and a Welsh Gaelic name.
Meaning: Fire Soul
- Famous real-life people named Endellion: | Edit
St. Endellion (also known as Endelient, Edelienta, or Edellienta) was a 6th century virgin recluse from Cornwall. Her feast day is April 29.
The Endellion String Quartet is a British string quartet named after St. Endellion.
The UK Prime Minister David Cameron gave his daughter the middle name Endellion after she was born unexpectedly during the family holiday to Cornwall.
- Endellion in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!