Estelle: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Estelle
Origin of the name Estelle:
Derived from the Latin stella (star).
From A World of Baby Names by Teresa Norman.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Estelle? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Estelle
Contribute your knowledge to the name Estelle
- Comments and insights on the name Estelle: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Estelle: | Edit
my grandmother's name, although pronounce "ES-telle" perhaps more of a southern US pronunciation?
my grandma was Estelle also. i guess it was a popular name in the '30s.
My name is Estelle, I was born in the mid 1980's.
- Nicknames for Estelle: | Edit
Stella, Estie ,Tetel, Elle, Essie, Ellie
- Meanings and history of the name Estelle: | Edit
From Latin, meaning "star". French form of Estella.
- Famous real-life people named Estelle: | Edit
Estelle, (born Estelle Fanta Swaray), British singer, songwriter, and producer
Estelle Getty, American actress
Estelle Bennett, American singer and member of the Ronettes
Estelle, Baroness Morris, English politician
Estelle Silvia Ewa Mary, Princess (and future Queen) of Sweden, Duchess of Östergötland
- Estelle in song, story & screen: | Edit