Ethne: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Ethne | Girls
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Ethne? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Ethne
- Comments and insights on the name Ethne: | Edit
Pronounced Eth-knee (two syllables only) This is my daughter's name. It is NOT like "Bethany without the B"...
- Personal experiences with the name Ethne: | Edit
Ethane is my mother's name... Named after the character in "The Four Feathers"!
- Nicknames for Ethne: | Edit
effi,its my nickname,i know this because ethnes my name!
- Meanings and history of the name Ethne: | Edit
A variant of "Eithne". Means "kernel" in Gaelic. This was the name of a 5th-century Irish saint, sister of Saint Fidelma and follower of Saint Patrick.
- Famous real-life people named Ethne: | Edit
Enya (born Eithne Patricia Ní Bhraonáin on 17 May 1961), is an Irish singer, instrumentalist and composer.
- Ethne in song, story & screen: | Edit
In 2002, Actress Kate Hudson played Ethne in "The Four Feathers" which also starred Heath Ledger.