Eugenie: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Eugenie
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Eugenie? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Eugenie
Contribute your knowledge to the name Eugenie
- Comments and insights on the name Eugenie: | Edit
Sounds outdated, but is extremely pretty.
How do you pronounce it? I always thought Yoo-GEEN-ee, but in the movie "Manchurian Candidate" it's pronounced Yoo-jen-AY.
- Personal experiences with the name Eugenie: | Edit
I had a great aunt Eugenie. She was Dutch and was a lovely, vibrant woman.
- Nicknames for Eugenie: | Edit
- Meanings and history of the name Eugenie: | Edit
From Greek, meaning "well-born". Other forms are Eugenia and Evgenia.
- Famous real-life people named Eugenie: | Edit
Empress Eugenie of France, wife of Napoleon III (born Countess Eugenie de Montijo)
Princess Eugenie of York, younger daughter of Prince Andrew, Duke of York, and Sarah, Duchess of York
Genie (neé Eugenie) Francis, actress from "General Hospital"
Canadian tennis player Eugenie Bouchard
- Eugenie in song, story & screen: | Edit
- Share what you know!