Eveline Name Meaning & Origin
Origin of the name Evelyn:
English variant of Aveline, a French diminutive form of the Germanic Avila, which is of ultimately uncertain derivation.
Looking for the perfect name? Try the Name MatchMaker to find the perfect baby name for you!
Sister & Brother Names
Know an Eveline? What are her siblings named?
Name Lists Featuring Eveline
Contribute your knowledge to the name Eveline
- Comments and insights on the name Eveline: | Edit
A name thought to have Norman roots that means “wished-for” or “longed-for child.”
Pronounce "Ave-leen" or "Eve-leen"
IRISH NAME: Eveline Aibhlinn Aibhilin
- Personal experiences with the name Eveline: | Edit
Pronounced Ev-e-line (in English), rhymes with clementine. It could also be pronounce Eve-e-leen (French). Lovely, often mispronounced as Evelyn. It is a nice fit with similiar sounding names such as Adelyn, Ava, Madeline, Adelle.
- Nicknames for Eveline: | Edit
Eve, Evie, Elle
- Meanings and history of the name Eveline: | Edit
Eveline is derived from Hebrew, meaning life.
- Famous real-life people named Eveline: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Eveline in song, story & screen: | Edit
Eveline- Short story by James Joyce
Title of a Nickel Creek song based on Joyce's story.