Faye: Meaning, Popularity, Origin of Baby Name Faye | Girls
Origin of the name Faye:
Thought to be derived from the Middle English faie (fairy), which is from the Old French feie (fairy). Var: Fae, Faye. Dim: Fayette.
Looking for more name information? Get Name MatchMaker & more Expert name-finding tools!
Sister & Brother Names
Know a Faye? What are her siblings named?
Contribute your knowledge to the name Faye
- Comments and insights on the name Faye: | Edit
- Share what you know!
- Personal experiences with the name Faye: | Edit
We named our daughter (born 2005) Willow Faye, and she mostly goes by her middle name. I usually save "Willow" for when I need to get her attention, haha.
- Nicknames for Faye: | Edit
We nicknamed her Faye-Faye. Not terribly inventive, no, but still pretty cute.
- Meanings and history of the name Faye: | Edit
Faye means "faerie."
- Famous real-life people named Faye: | Edit
Faye Dunaway, actress. Faye Tozer, from the 90's pop band 'Steps'.
- Faye in song, story & screen: | Edit
Faye Valentine is a character from the anime series Cowboy Bebop.
Faye Whitaker is a character in the webcomic Questionable Content.
Name Lists Featuring Faye
Global Popularity of the Name Faye
- #75 in Ireland
- #248 in Scotland